Get answers to some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about organ donation and transplantation.
- You can register online now in your state. Signing up is quick and easy. Find your state >
- You can also sign up when you visit your state motor vehicle office.
- Eight vital organs can be donated: heart, kidneys (2), pancreas, lungs (2), liver, and intestines. Hands and faces have also recently been added to the list.
- Tissue: cornea, skin, heart valves, bone, blood vessels, and connective tissue
- Bone marrow and stem cells, umbilical cord blood, peripheral blood stem cells (PBSC)